Welcome to Friendship Crossing!

Where strangers cross paths to become friends, sharing their love of PRIMITIVE/SEASONAL decorating, CROSS STITCH/ WOOL/SEWING/QUILTING/CRAFTING, recipes and home life.

**I have an Etsy shop filled w/the newest PATTERNS/SUPPLIES/KITS that are mostly PRIMITIVE, SEASONAL or WHIMSICAL in style. To take a peek, just click the button below on the sidebar .

***I LOVE reading your comments and thanks to all who take the time to write them. If you ever need to contact me, the best way is to just leave a comment on the most recent post and it will go directly to my email inbox first, w/out being published.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your visit!!

Tanya (pronounced like the color TAN) : ))


Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall Swap goodies

Hi everyone in blogville! :))
Recently I was in a fall swap w/the extremely talented Sheila, from Seasons of Thy Heart(she's listed on my sidebar) and I wanted to share pics of what all she sent me. We agreed to send each other at least 5 items, 3 of which had to be handmade. She ended up making me way more than that and went way above and beyond, as you will see. I made an arrangement on our family room fireplace mantel from several of her items, then I'll show you the rest and some close up views..... I added the leaf swag and the little basket to hold the rag balls she made ~ they are highly scented too.

I love the little sunflower she added to the top of the very tall pumpkin.
She does amazing floral arrangements out of reg. soup cans ~ she grungies up the cans and adds a prim label. She even added a pumpkin made from fabric, in the arrangement, which doesn't show too well.
She did a great job on the sign!

The center part has a flickering candle in the middle, that fits in the hole.

A framed pic w/a sweet verse.
Close up of how she packages her bowl fillers.
3 darling little pumpkins....
A wonderful prim tart melt that smells wonderful.

A lovely hand-quilted scene on a very large pillow.

The most darling apron made from a tea towel. Isn't it cute???

Look at that rick-rack!! She divided the panel into 3 pockets!

And last but not least, a spoon rack w/a souvenir spoon of the state of Idaho, where she's from, but it doesn't show up at all. I never would have thought of that!

Thank you again Sheila, for a wonderful swap!!! I loved everything she sent me!!

Here's what I sent to her......

a double -flange pillow that I had never tried before. I ended up going to 3 different JoAnn Fabric stores before finding just the right material. (I know I can be a little obsessed)! LOL
It's from a LK pattern that I changed a bit and added some glittery buttons as well.
A little wooden sign.
Sorry for the blur~ got too close again, but it's a bag of Halloween buttons.
Highly scented pumpkin spice votives.
'Boo' ghost bringing her some flowers......tee hee

He is actually tea stained a bit more in person.
This actually started out as a bread cover, but thot it could be used as a candle mat too.

I made a little arrangement w/the rest of the items I sent her, so you could see what the candle mat would look like decorated.

The little bucket has a flickering tea light inside. I also sent her a tea towel w/a pumpkin pie recipe printed on it and accidently deleted the pic of it. oops!!!
So as you can see, we both had a lot of fun w/this swap!!!

Thanks again for visiting and I hope to be back soon w/some things I've been busy working on.

Have a great week everyone!

Tanya

10 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!
What awesome swap goodies!!

~Tam

Country Prims said...

Wohooooo!!!

What an amazing swap!! Such beautiful goodies you received and also parted with:))

LOVE the pumpkin arrangement with the sunflower and how you have them all displayed:)

What fun!

Thanks for sharing-you both put in a HUGE amount of effort,

Blessings, Shazy x

Farmhouse prims said...

You sure recieved some awesome swap goodies. Shelia sure is talented and was good to you!!!
Love everything, enjoy your goodies!!!

Parsley said...

Oh...I'm so jealous! ;-) Actually wish I was more creative and could do things like this. My swap buddy will be blessed but not with my crafting.

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Wonderful swap! I love all of it, you ladies
did a great job on picking out what to send
each other!

Bear Hugs~Karen

Christine said...

Hi Tanya! I LOOOVVE all you girls swapped with each other! It's so much fun and excitement!
You are both talented - enjoy all those goodies!

Have a great weekend!
Christine

Lula said...

what an incredible swap! Makes my little cross stitch offerings look pultry.

Lucy from K*K blog x

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

Don't you just love swaps, you both got awesome swappies. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I really enjoy blogging and making new friends.

Wendy said...

Hi Tanya ,
as usual I'm behind on my 'reading'...hehehe, just wanted to say what lovely swap goodies you got...love the pumpkin with the sunflower! Off to 'read' you a bit more, see you soon..lol! :)
hugs Wendy x

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

WOW!!! I would love to have either one of you for a swap partner!! So glad you set a limit so you both could go over it, lol! That's too funny. Such wonderful goodies, looks like tons of fun to send and receive!!