Welcome to Friendship Crossing!

Where strangers cross paths to become friends, sharing their love of PRIMITIVE/SEASONAL decorating, CROSS STITCH/ WOOL/SEWING/QUILTING/CRAFTING, recipes and home life.

**I have an Etsy shop filled w/the newest PATTERNS/SUPPLIES/KITS that are mostly PRIMITIVE, SEASONAL or WHIMSICAL in style. To take a peek, just click the button below on the sidebar .

***I LOVE reading your comments and thanks to all who take the time to write them. If you ever need to contact me, the best way is to just leave a comment on the most recent post and it will go directly to my email inbox first, w/out being published.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your visit!!

Tanya (pronounced like the color TAN) : ))


Monday, January 10, 2011

Snowmen Everywhere~Part One

I am off to a slow start w/posting this yr. I have been taking a little break, but now it's time to get back to 'work' ~ ha! As usual, I have a lot of snowmen pics to share w/you, so I am breaking them up into two posts so I don't bore you.

Some of these you may remember from last yr., but I like to shuffle things around from yr. to yr. so they are not always in the same place as before.

Here's a stitchery pillow I made a few yrs. ago and used flannel around the outer edges. Notice the pearly buttons that make up his little 'body'.
I have lots of snowman tins, but chose to put out only a few this yr.


I kept the same tablecloth on there, but pared down the look quite a bit. I made the tablerunner in a class at a local quilt shop about 3 yrs. ago.


This stocking I made out of 100% wool and some overdyed wool.
Same design is on both sides of this wooden box.

I use a lot of snowman ornies on our Chr. tree every yr. but I keep a few out to hang on various pegs in the house.
My first rag quilt I ever made, all out of flannel and Warm & Natural, grubbied w/cinnamon for a more prim look.

This is the fireplace mantel in the family room once again, but I mixed the pieces up just a bit this yr.


A cute little candlemat I made a few yrs. ago....
A miniature tea set....

This little lunch box came w/a packet of hot choc.
Did you notice this one is carrying a 'GINGERBREAD'??? LOL

I know, I know, I need to get a picture in that cute little frame! ha That is a tea light on the right hand side.
Plate w/matching mug....
The little snowman in the front actually goes w/the little tea set....A couple more tins to finish out the grouping....

and one of my favorite decorative wood plates....(oops, think I needed to turn him just a little).
A shop model I made several yrs. ago from a Sisters and Best Friends pattern which also came w/the mitten and glove......this is my message to each of you! Be warm inside and out! LOL

That's all for part one, but I'll be back again soon w/the second half and hopefully done w/something I've been working on.

Here's my quote for the day~ "We are brave in the face of new experiences if we have a faithful friend to journey w/us".(Unknown).

Well, see ya next time and I hope your year is off to a great start!
Tanya

10 comments:

Christine said...

Your collections never cease to amaze me Tanya! You have sooo much cute ornaments and stitched decorations - Love the stocking and candlemat!
Good to have you posting again!
Christine

Prim n Raggedy said...

Hi Tanya....I love that cute little button snowman on your stitchery pillow! I really enjoy your photos...so many lovely things! x

bettyj said...

Wow! you have the market cornered on snowmen. They sure are cute.
betty, Through My Back Door

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I do remember some of these pieces from last year. I adore the tablerunner and rag quilt! The grubby little snowmen faces are irresistibly sweet!

I have quite a few too so you are not alone. I believe I have more snowmen than all my Christmas combined, hehe! That's why they are displayed through Feb sometimes into March.

Great collection, Tanya! I hope you stay warm inside and out also! =]

Country Prims said...

How did I miss this post???

Great collection again Tanya-sooo many pieces! I have to love all the handmade ones best:)) Your cross stith is beautiful, as is the little mat and I also love the stocking!

Thanks for sharing:)

Shazy x

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I do love the dishes...I haven't used them yet, but one of these days, I will. I think you like snowmen! I love seeing how others decorate for the seasons.

Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

Carol said...

What a great collection of snowmen, Tanya (and that is only part one??!!)... I especially like the little pillow you made in the first picture--very sweet!

Lainey said...

Oh Tanya what a wonderful collection, can;t wait to see part two!

Wendy said...

Hi Tanya :)
Love all your snowmen! Especially the cute little pillow...and all your cross stitich-ing is gorgeous!
Chat with you soon...
Hugs Wendy x

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

Wow...what an amazing collection of snowmen, they're my favorite too! You are very talented! ~Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a wonderful comment too! God Bless!