Welcome to Friendship Crossing!

Where strangers cross paths to become friends, sharing their love of PRIMITIVE/SEASONAL decorating, CROSS STITCH/ WOOL/SEWING/QUILTING/CRAFTING, recipes and home life.

**I have an Etsy shop filled w/the newest PATTERNS/SUPPLIES/KITS that are mostly PRIMITIVE, SEASONAL or WHIMSICAL in style. To take a peek, just click the button below on the sidebar .

***I LOVE reading your comments and thanks to all who take the time to write them. If you ever need to contact me, the best way is to just leave a comment on the most recent post and it will go directly to my email inbox first, w/out being published.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your visit!!

Tanya (pronounced like the color TAN) : ))


Friday, November 2, 2012

Exciting News!

 I have exciting news to share w/you!  I recently got invited to be a vendor at a local shop that's expanding, so have been really busy trying to make 'shop models' to sell patterns, kits & supplies for mostly wool applique, cross stitch and even a few handmade items, etc.
 All this, in addition to keeping my Etsy shop going, I will be able to expand into teaching some classes on wool applique, as well as maybe forming a Wooly/Stitching Club down the road.
  So I'm very excited, but my mind is whirling in constant crafty motion!
 Since my space will be limited at first(w/hopes to expand later on), I am trying to make things that will fit in a small space, but will give customers a view of what the patterns/kits look like made up.
 I love the way the sequins catch the light on the star pillows.  I am thinking about adding the silver tinsel around the edges since I included it in the kit.
 Here's a couple of ways the kits are packaged.  I wanted to make it feel like they are buying a 'gift', and I put an extra goodie or two in there as well.  (if anyone in blogland is interested in anything, just post a comment on here and it will go straight to my email box first).
 This package is for the bigger kits and I have all different sizes of these cute bags.
 I wanted to leave you w/a few pics of our sweet doggie ~ BJ.  He's a full-blooded Beagle who is 7 and totally spoiled.  I think he may even be counting sheep! LOL (look at the sheet that's covering him)! ha

 I couldn't get him to look up at me, but he loves hanging out w/me in the C.R. (craft room)
Thanks for stopping by and have a great wkend!

12 comments:

Christine said...

Fantastic news Tanya! How exciting!!!
I absolutely love the 'gift' idea and packaging - that's something I think you do so well in the States!
Your doggie looks sooooo cozy - no wonder he just likes to take it easy!
Blessings
Christine

Country Prims said...

Fantastic news Tanya! I am sooo happy for you and I know it will go well. Love the presentation boxes/bags. So great to be doing something you love:)
Hugs x

cucki said...

super great news.. me so happy for you and I know it will go well. Love the boxes and bags. so cute..
aww cute puppy xxx

Myra said...

Congratulations! I just love your packaging - very neat. Your beagle looks like a sweetie for sure.

Sheila said...

Hello there friend!
Boy I haven't visited in a long time. I'm so happy for you Tanya, that things are going well and you are doing what you enjoy and are good at!
Things are going well around home. Praising the Lord for Tom's recovery, every day! Answered prayers. Will post an update soon.
hugs and blessings,
Sheila

Danice G said...

That is wonderful, Tanya. So glad for you. I love all the items, esp the Joy stars. So pretty :)

Peggy Lee said...

Great news!
I love that little snowman pinkeep. Adorable!!
I think the extra thought you put in to packaging your kits is very sweet.

Lainey said...

Congrats on your new venture Tanya. Beautiful pieces with such lovely packaging. Good luck!

Rouge Cerise said...

Fantastic new Tanya ! Good luck...
The candle mat is so beautiful (I made it last year for a friend and I would do again but this time for me!)
I love your package, shop bag.... i want the same:))) lol!
hugs

Carol said...

That is exciting news, Tanya--best of luck on your new business venture...I love the snowman candle mat and your packaging is wonderful :)

Such a cute photo of BJ--he looks like he's in a little sleeping bag :)

Laura Rhodes said...

Adorable! Great job and cute doggie! Where'd you get the prim packaging? Be blessed, Laura R.

Laura Rhodes said...

Congrats on winning the giveaway at Homespun Hannah's as well!!