Welcome to Friendship Crossing!

Where strangers cross paths to become friends, sharing their love of PRIMITIVE/SEASONAL decorating, CROSS STITCH/ WOOL/SEWING/QUILTING/CRAFTING, recipes and home life.

**I have an Etsy shop filled w/the newest PATTERNS/SUPPLIES/KITS that are mostly PRIMITIVE, SEASONAL or WHIMSICAL in style. To take a peek, just click the button below on the sidebar .

***I LOVE reading your comments and thanks to all who take the time to write them. If you ever need to contact me, the best way is to just leave a comment on the most recent post and it will go directly to my email inbox first, w/out being published.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your visit!!

Tanya (pronounced like the color TAN) : ))


Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Camping We Will Go........

The first week of Aug. found us camping at one of our favorite campgrounds up in Ohio, about 3 hrs. or so from where we live, in between Dayton and Springfield.  The scenery is so pretty there and they have quite a few things for you to do.  A nice lake you can fish in or paddle boat on.  They have a fenced-in dog pen, basketball court, putt-putt golf, a pizza parlor, an old 'mill' w/running water, where the kids can 'dig' for gold, ha. (sorry, forgot to take pics of those).


 I love the reflection of the clouds on the water.......

 A nice size swimming pool.........
 You can see our camper off to the left of the train(below) when we first pulled in.  They give train rides to the little ones and they also have a big truck/tractor for the older ones w/hay in them and go all over the campground.
  A very nice gazebo is located at the entrance with plenty of gliders inside to sit on.  There is a farm next to the campground that has goats, llamas and horses grazing.  You are only a few feet away from them, divided by two fences, but I totally forgot to take pics of them, sorry.



 We were not too far from the famous Waynesville shops, so one day we decided to drive down there, but they were working on the main road in front of all the shops and had it all torn up for several blocks, so hubby dropped me off on one of the side roads.  (for those of you who aren't familiar w/Waynesville, it is much like the shops in Amish country, only not as many of them).
  One of my favorite places to visit in Waynesville is the famous 'Fabric Shack'!  They have a ton of fabric/patterns and of course I couldn't leave home empty-handed.  But you'll have to wait to see what I will make w/a couple of the patterns I bought that day.  tee hee!   (the real reason is, I've been in a bit of a 'funk' w/the sewing/creating mood lately and I'm hoping it hits me again real soon)!!

I hope you're enjoying what's left of summer!  It is extremely HOT/HUMID here today in Eastern Ky. 

I'll be back again soon w/another book review or two.  I just read one last nite and finished it in one evening, it was that good!!  An amazing true story of how a powerful God rescues a married couple from a burning car crash!  One you will want to hear/read about, it is an awesome story!!

Until next time, 
Happy Creating!!

3 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful ...so beautiful.
Big hugs x

Christine said...

What a beautiful campground - I think you know I'd love to stay there with lots for the kids to enjoy whilst I got to shop!
Stay cool!
Christine

Farmhouse prims said...

The campground looks so peaceful and relaxing, I can see why you love it there! Oh, would I ever love to go into that fabric shack, can't wait to see what you will be making. Have a great day! hugs, Lecia