Welcome to Friendship Crossing!

Where strangers cross paths to become friends, sharing their love of PRIMITIVE/SEASONAL decorating, CROSS STITCH/ WOOL/SEWING/QUILTING/CRAFTING, recipes and home life.

**I have an Etsy shop filled w/the newest PATTERNS/SUPPLIES/KITS that are mostly PRIMITIVE, SEASONAL or WHIMSICAL in style. To take a peek, just click the button below on the sidebar .

***I LOVE reading your comments and thanks to all who take the time to write them. If you ever need to contact me, the best way is to just leave a comment on the most recent post and it will go directly to my email inbox first, w/out being published.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your visit!!

Tanya (pronounced like the color TAN) : ))


Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Fun Place to Visit

Ok, so I totally forgot to show you all these pics of a couple of places from my hometown.  Back in May of this yr. we took a trip to Findlay, Ohio where I grew up for my dad's 93rd b'day!  (My parents  had me later in life, I'm not really that old!! LOL).  He still lives on his own and makes a mean pan of cornbread!! 

We always go to Dietsch's Ice Cream Parlor that's been around for over 75 yrs. Two brothers started their homemade ice cream business yrs. ago and added the homemade chocolates and candies over the yrs. They also added a second shop on the other end of town, which has doubled in size as well as the original shop. 

 I remember our 6th grade class walking there after school one day when our teacher treated all of us who had made straight A's in Spelling for 6 wks. in a row.  Needless to say, I think the whole class walked there! ha  She told us we could order anything we wanted and this really skinny friend of mine ordered a big ol' Banana Split, which of course she couldn't eat the whole thing herself!  

 I really wanted to show pics of the old-time parlor, but there were so many people milling about that day, that I couldn't really take any good shots.  However, I did get some of the homemade candy/taffy they make, which was quite colorful!  I love the display of the buckets w/the taffy in them.

 My hubby always has to buy some chocolate-covered peanuts, which have gotten quite expensive over the yrs. so now he just gets a very small bag ~ LOL.

 Other candies they make....
 And a small gift item table........
 Another place we visited on the edge of town is called the 'Homestead Collection', which houses several properties.  Again, I didn't get pics of each of the buildings b/c of so many people, but there are several smaller out-buildings that have prim decor items for sale in them.


 I believe the owners built place for them to live that connects to the main building(on the left).  The main building is beautifully decorated on the inside w/a lot of wood and a cute loft area for Ohio State fans.
 Just a fun place to visit if you are ever in the area.

6 comments:

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Tanya, Love the candy store, candy Heaven for sure. Happy belated Birthday to your dad! Would love to visit that area sometime. hugs, Lecia

cucki said...

Happy belated birthday to your dad dear..
Yummy fun place ..I love it
Sweet hugs xx

Trace4J said...

Wow you are blessed friend.
Happy BDay to your Dad.
I love the dear old candy store.
I too love choco peanuts.
Woolie HUGS

Carol said...

How wonderful that your dad is 93 years old and still doing so well, Tanya! Looks like a fun place to grow up, too :)

Danice G said...

Looks like you all had a fun time. What you said about your dad cooking cornbread, so funny. 'Sounds like my mother. She makes cornbread with every meal :)

Danice G said...

Looks like you all had a fun day. The cornbread, so funny. 'Sounds like my mother. She makes cornbread for every meal :)