Welcome to Friendship Crossing!

Where strangers cross paths to become friends, sharing their love of PRIMITIVE/SEASONAL decorating, CROSS STITCH/ WOOL/SEWING/QUILTING/CRAFTING, recipes and home life.

**I have an Etsy shop filled w/the newest PATTERNS/SUPPLIES/KITS that are mostly PRIMITIVE, SEASONAL or WHIMSICAL in style. To take a peek, just click the button below on the sidebar .

***I LOVE reading your comments and thanks to all who take the time to write them. If you ever need to contact me, the best way is to just leave a comment on the most recent post and it will go directly to my email inbox first, w/out being published.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your visit!!

Tanya (pronounced like the color TAN) : ))


Sunday, August 16, 2015

Not Sure What to Name This Post - LOL

Well the newly married couple have celebrated being married for a couple of months now and they are loving married life.

 As most of you might remember, our oldest son got married the middle of June and here's his ring to prove it!  LOL  He had never ever worn any type of jewelry before, so I just had to take a pic of his new ring.
 I ended up making 5 different types of desserts for the rehearsal dinner, sort of a dessert bar, if you will............brownie pops went over big w/the kids especially.  I dipped them mostly in chocolate, then did different swirls and candies.  You should have seen my kitchen island the day before!  I had chocolate dripping everywhere!
 Another big hit was the 'Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding' - (a Paula Deen recipe).  There was not a drop of it left in the pan and I only got one bite! Lemon Cheesecake Bars, a Chocolate Dream Pie and Cookie Dough 'pizza' finished off the dessert menu.
 I actually got back to sewing again a few wks. ago when I made the newlywed couple some curtains for their bathroom.  Our DIL picked out the fabric and I found an easy tutorial to follow(b/c it's been literally yrs. since I'd made any).  I had to change out a few details on the measurements, etc. but overall, I was really pleased w/how they turned out.
 I even surprised myself by making them fully-lined!  Now I need to make some for a few more of their windows and wouldn't mind a few for some of ours as well.
 The only thing I finished stitching recently was the 'Beach Bucket' by Noteworthy Needle.  (I forgot to take a pic of mine, but wanted to show you what it looked like).
 You stitch the design, then attach it to a small rusty pail.  The designer has several in this series that are really cute!
 Here's what the rusty pail looks like before the stitched piece is attached.  I have one left in my Etsy shop if anyone is interested and a couple of the patterns in the series.  I just listed a bunch of the newest patterns from the Online Needlework Show that is going on now w/Norden Crafts, one of the best distributors of cross stitch supplies.
 

And last weekend my hubby surprised me w/this beautiful cake for my b'day on the 7th.  He put it in the cooler when we went camping so the icing wouldn't melt and so I wouldn't find it!  It was a fun and tasty surprise!
Thanks for letting me pop by to say HI to all my blogger friends.  I apologize that I haven't had the time lately to even get on many of your blogs/posts.  I really miss everyone and will try to get back to posting on a regular basis if time allows, hopefully soon!
Can't believe school has started back up in our area and fall is just around the corner.  I have a few book reviews that I need to do really soon, so take care and have a lovely week!

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Best wishes to the newlyweds! Wow, the desserts you made look positively delicious. Nice looking curtains that you created. Happy belated birthday wishes to you!

Robin in Virginia

Danice G said...

What nice things have been going on with you. So glad to read a blog post. Congrats on your son's wedding :)

Unknown said...

I have to say I love this post, and sometimes the best ones are the ones with no names. Thanks for every ounce of stitch and baking you did to help us. We love you.


Your DIL,

Bekah.

Carol said...

What a fun, busy summer you've had Tanya! So glad the wedding went well and your dessert bar was a success :) I love the curtains you sewed for the newlyweds--I'm sure they are so appreciative of all you did.

Darling little stitched design--hadn't seen those before and it looks so cute on the rusty pail. Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Farmhouse prims said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend, love the cake. And congratulations to your son and his wife on their recent wedding. I love all of the desserts you made. And your cross stitch project is lovely. Think of you often. hugs, Lecia