Welcome to Friendship Crossing!

Where strangers cross paths to become friends, sharing their love of PRIMITIVE/SEASONAL decorating, CROSS STITCH/ WOOL/SEWING/QUILTING/CRAFTING, recipes and home life.

**I have an Etsy shop filled w/the newest PATTERNS/SUPPLIES/KITS that are mostly PRIMITIVE, SEASONAL or WHIMSICAL in style. To take a peek, just click the button below on the sidebar .

***I LOVE reading your comments and thanks to all who take the time to write them. If you ever need to contact me, the best way is to just leave a comment on the most recent post and it will go directly to my email inbox first, w/out being published.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your visit!!

Tanya (pronounced like the color TAN) : ))


Thursday, February 2, 2012

Let's Get This Tour Over ~ Craft Room Part Three

Did anyone remember that we needed to finish this tour so we can move on?LOL

This part of the 'tour' focuses mostly on the other side of the room, where I store my fabric and wool. Mr. Fix-It hung shelves for all my $$$ store baskets. Each basket holds a certain color scheme, type of fabric, or seasonal fabrics.

Here's where we left off last time. Remember I mentioned that I had another window in the room? It faces the front of the house. As you can see, there isn't much room between the sewing area and the cutting area. (yes, I am having a hard time trying to find matching material to make window valances). I really have tried, honest! :))

Oops, the room looks almost blue in this pic. Must have been the bright sunlight shining through the other window, that we haven't had the pleasure of receiving the last few days. I really needed to stain the tabletop or cover it w/formica, but just left it plain for now, however it does get stains on it from time to time. It measure 3ft. wide by 6 ft. long. The light fixture has 'Daylight' bulbs in it for truer color.More fabric underneath. These 2 bins are actually holding up the tabletop. (there are two more bins underneath in the back that are empty). They are a bit higher than regular table height, making it easier for me to use my rotary cutter w/out having to bend over as much.I had my dear hubby nail 2 yard sticks end to end to the outside so I can easily measure my fabric.Some cute little baskets I found to store some of my newer patterns I have obtained over the past yr. or so.I can't remember where I bought the giant paper clip, but I use it to hold patterns that I'm working on. The black basket in the back holds most of my interfacing.This sewing chest was given to me by my MIL. It is sort of 3D looking and very heavy. It has compartments inside, to hide things from myself, ha!For some reason this lampshade always sits crooked! LOL I never can get it to stay on straight.It sits at the very end of the tabletop and fabric baskets. Guess what this bin holds???Yep, all of my WOOL!!! Of course, they had to be color-coordinated too! Each basket is plum full, so not sure where I'll end up storing the new stuff. I'm running out of room!!!! I know, it's such a dilemma!! :))
Hands to work, hearts to God, which is hard to see, but that's what it says.There was just enough room to hang it next to the fabric baskets. Here's how it looks all together...Of course, I forgot to show how I reach up that high....my step stool fits perfectly in the small leftover space. Usually it is piled w/magazines and things I've made..LOLJust to make sure that you don't think the room looks this nice and neat ALL the time, here is what it usually looks like...........

That's it folks............hope you enjoyed the 'tour' of my humble little craft room.

*** Keep saving up those pennies cuz I'm STILL working on a BIG craft sale, (w/special discounts for all my bloggy buddies) coming soon to a blog near you!!! LOL

Enjoy the day whatever the weather! As always, thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments! I truly do appreciate them!!

Happy Stitching,

16 comments:

Nanna said...

looks good! I can't wait to redo mine, it's been in the works for a year LOL!
Helen

Teresa S. said...

Your craft room is awesome! You are a lucky girl!

Gayle said...

Wow Tanya! Your studio is inspiring because of its organization - what a lucky quilting to have such a beautiful space! Thanks for the tour!

Autumn said...

That's an inspriation to us all!

Ali said...

Right thats it I'm moving in!!! How organised are you - I take my hat off to you - is the rest of your house that organised - if so please come and sort mine out xxx la la la not listening to your sale la la la xx ;-) xx

Christine said...

You have definitely made the best of the space, Tanya! And what great ideas to help you work more easily like the height of your cutting table
and the ruler along the edge but out of the way too.
Really inspirational!
Thanks again!
Christine

Country Prims said...

Well, what can I say, but you are 1 organised girlie!! What a great place to work in and what great storage ideas! Yes, I am drooling over all that wool there-I have been torturing myself about starting that snowy days pattern but, so far I haven't weakened!lol!
Thanks for sharing, I have been inspired once again:)
Shazy x

cucki said...

Wow your studio is so wonderful,..everything is so lovely
you are such a sweet lady,,
Hugs for you
Cucki xx

CalamityJr said...

You've done a marvelous job with your craft room. I'm sure it's easy to find inspiration in such an organized place!

Sheila said...

Wow, I'm impressed-again! You are SO organized, we can all take ideas from your awesome pics to improve our own craft areas! I ashamed at my mess at the moment-I might share once I have things all picked up but that won't be for a while.
TFS-lovely space to create in.
Blessings,
Sheila

Catherine said...

I have no words.....can I come play?

~*Sharee*~ said...

Love your craft room hun; gives me lots of ideas on what to do with mine; if I ever get around to it...LOL

Hugs, Shar

Carol said...

Thanks for completing the "tour," Tanya--you have such a delightful space there. And I love how well organized it is :)

Lainey said...

WOW Tanya that craft room is just amazing!!!! You really have your own little store there. You lucky, lucky girl. I wish you many, many happy hours with all your creativities in that wonderful room. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Drool drool DROOL! That is an awesome room! I love the way you have it organized :o)

Pam B said...

You're SO organized, Tanya...I love it! I might have to get my hubby to build me a cutting table and workstation; where I'd put them, I have no idea! LOL

Hugs,
Pam