BUT..........I'm still trying to squeeze in a little sewing time in between~Yippeeeeeeeee!! Gotta keep my sanity somehow! tee hee
So I wanted to share a few things I've been working on recently and some of them are already listed in my Etsy shop, along w/a few things I'm not showing yet(hey, didn't want this post to get too long and drawn out, plus it gives you an excuse to go take a peek)LOL.
'Larry the Lamb' pincushion was so much fun to work on ~ isn't he a cutie? He's from a Hatched and Patched pattern and I tweaked the 'flowers' from wool to buttons, but otherwise he's made of all 100% WOOL!!! I weighted him w/crushed walnut shells so you can add your pins to him and keep them sharp at the same time!
For those of you who might remember the Thimbleberries Quilt blocks I worked on all last yr., I did manage to finally get all 12 done~ I think I had blocks (1 - 10) done as of last fall, but can't remember if I showed you block #10, so here it is!Now just remember I'm more of a 'quilter~wanna~be' than an actual quilter, so don't look too closely! I tried my best to get my points to line up as much as I could, but some are and some aren't quite.I am making this for my MIL and she didn't care for the star fabric in block #7 as it is more 'primitive' in nature, so that one I will have to do over, then I will have to sew all the blocks together and also all the sashings and border fabric, which as you can see in the pic below, there are quite a few of them!!
The quilt blocks were offered in two color schemes and I chose the lighter one for her, but if I'd made it for myself, I'd have probably chosen the darker one on bottom.I have some of the borders already sewn, but still have a ways to go on the others, hopefully I can get them sewn up before Christmas THIS yr! ha (hey, I didn't tell her which Christmas she'd receive it). :)))
One thing about each booklet for each separate block is that they always had a extra goodie in the back~like a tablemat or wallhanging using that month's block and adding different borders to it. I may want to try some of them later on too.
The 'middle' square in all the blocks and also the 4 corners in each block are the same style, just different fabrics. It was called 'Border Blast'. I had fun learning new things and it did help get my confidence back in my sewing again, which has been ever so helpful.This last pic is an Americana tablemat/wallhanging I picked up at International Quilt Festival I went to a few wks. ago, from Country Threads booth. It came as a kit, but I really think that the measurements were wrong, because if you look closely, there is a big gap that shouldn't be there. It should all line up when the strips are sewn together and as you can see, it doesn't. So if I make it again, I will make the strips wider. I will just trim the gold square up to make it even on this one. Plus I did have tiny strips leftover w/the measurements they told you to cut it, so yes, I did notice it before cutting, but usually I like to do what the pattern says (at least the first time around).Here's what it's supposed to look like when it's finished. I did manage to 'pick up' some other kits/patterns while there, but I will wait to show them as I get them stitched up~(I don't want to make you jealous or anything) hee hee.
Once again, hope everyone is doing well this beautiful spring and finding time to do the things you love most!