Welcome to Friendship Crossing!

Where strangers cross paths to become friends, sharing their love of PRIMITIVE/SEASONAL decorating, CROSS STITCH/ WOOL/SEWING/QUILTING/CRAFTING, recipes and home life.

**I have an Etsy shop filled w/the newest PATTERNS/SUPPLIES/KITS that are mostly PRIMITIVE, SEASONAL or WHIMSICAL in style. To take a peek, just click the button below on the sidebar .

***I LOVE reading your comments and thanks to all who take the time to write them. If you ever need to contact me, the best way is to just leave a comment on the most recent post and it will go directly to my email inbox first, w/out being published.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your visit!!

Tanya (pronounced like the color TAN) : ))


Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Whiskers Gone Wild

This is my latest project I finished last wk. A friend of mine and I recently joined a monthly stitchery club and this is for the first month. It is a Buttermilk Basin pattern, but I can't remember it's true name. This one stitched up really really fast, using 100 % wool and pearl cotton for the blanket stitch.



This next piece is a Little House Needleworks pattern called "Cherries". It is stitched on white 28 ct. Monaco and I used Crescent Colors overdyed floss. It looks much more vibrant in person, I can't seem to get a good angle on the cross stitch pieces for some reason.


This is the one I'm working on right now ~ it isn't finished yet, but here's a sneak peek. I changed the colors and I'm using bigger count fabric. Can you guess what pattern it is from??


The next few pics are of some spring items I made from a few yrs. ago. I still have way more, but will wait on the rest until it gets closer to Easter.
This one is a Lizzie Kate pattern, using overdyed floss, then I made it into a pillow.

This one is a Pine Mountain Pillow kit. It comes w/everything except the inside pillow form.

This is another Lizzie Kate pattern using overdyed floss, can you tell I LOVE overdyed floss??? LOL
Then I made it into a pillow, trying something a bit different w/the corners.
This is a table runner using 4 stitchery patterns from Buttermilk Basin, then I tried to jazz it up a little w/the fabric all around it. A little bright for most prim tastebuds, but I still really like it.
Here's Mr. Fix It shoveling snow to get to our GRILL!!! It was snowing to beat dixie that day!
Who says you have to wait till warmer weather to grill out??? He wanted to grill steaks for our anniversary last wk. He's so funny! He wore his tennis shoes instead of boots! Gotta love a man for going out in freezing cold weather to fix dinner for you. :))

Hope you enjoyed your stay. Have a wonderful week everyone! I'll be back soon w/some more pics. Feel free to leave a comment or just say hi. I've enjoyed 'meeting' everyone.
Thanks for stopping!
Tanya










2 comments:

Country Prims said...

Hello buddy,
Love all your projects-you have quite a collection now for spring! I really love your bunny/hare pillow-love the wool:)) and your cross stitch work is amazing. The table runner is too cute-basically I love them all!
Thanks for your visit and lovely comment:)
Have a good day and will speak soon,
Bunny hugs, Shazy x

Dawn said...

Tanya, thanks for stopping by my site for a visit. It's always nice to make a new friend. I checked out some of your post. I love love love your laundry room. Fabulous!!!! I'll be back, dawn